Acceptable Use Policy
- USE OF THE WEBSITE
1.1 The Website is operated by Seven League Limited (“we” or “us” or “our”). We are a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 07739615 and have our registered office at 1st Floor, The Windsor Centre, Windsor Street, London, England, N1 8QG.
1.1 If you would like to contact us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0203 637 7447.
1.2 This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website [www.fanmovement.com] (the “Website”). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, the Website (including when uploading content to the Website, making contact with other users of the Website, linking to the Website or interacting with the Website in any other way).
- PROHIBITED USES
2.1 You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website:
2.1.1 in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
2.1.2 in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
2.1.3 for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
2.1.4 to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (please see our content standards below);
2.1.5 to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
2.1.6 to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
2.2 You also agree:
2.2.2 not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: (a) any part of the Website; (b) any equipment or network on which the Website is stored; (c) any software used in the provision of the Website; or (d) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- CONTENT STANDARDS
3.1 These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Website (the “contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
3.2 You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
3.3 Contributions must:
● Be accurate (where they state facts).
● Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
● Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
3.4 Contributions must not:
● Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
● Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
● Promote sexually explicit material.
● Promote violence.
● Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
● Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
● Be likely to deceive any person.
● Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
● Promote any illegal activity.
● Be in contempt of court.
● Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
● Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
● Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
● Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
● Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
● Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
● Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other websites.
- BREACH OF THIS POLICY
4.1 We will determine, in our sole discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
● Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Website.
● Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Website.
● Issue of a warning to you.
● Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
● Further legal action against you.
● Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
4.3 To the maximum extent permitted by English law, we exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- GOVERNING LAW
5.1 If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
5.2 If you are a business, the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
6.1 We may revise the terms of this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. Every time you wish to use the Website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Website.